2015 is the UNESCO International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies. To celebrate, CSI endorses this event.
Final complete program --> download here
Book of abstracts --> download here
Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale XXXIX is a conference series which is held every two years in a different country. The first one happened in Strasbourg, France, 1950, and the former one in Tromsø, Norway, 2013.
This symposium endeavors to congregate physicists and chemists from universities and research institutions with industry analysts in all fields of analytical spectroscopy, centering the discussion not only on the results of basic research and method development but also on the outcome from daily practice in the field of optical spectroscopy.
In 2015, the Colloquium Spectroscopicum Internationale will take place in the sunny "Silver Coast" region of Portugal, in the resort Figueira da Foz, elected the "Queen of the Beaches", due to its 15 km of sandy beach. Figueira da Foz is just 40 km away from Coimbra, a historical city that hosts one of the oldest universities of Europe (1290), together with Bologna and Santiago de Compostela, more than 700 years old.
The CSI 2015 conference will be held in the "CAE-Centro de Artes e Espectáculos da Figueira da Foz", a modern Conference Hall with pleasant, ample space, including an inner garden with glazed roof (CAE).
The complete address is Rua Abade Pedro, 3080-084 Figueira da Foz, Portugal.
As in previous meetings, the main topics will be as follows.
Basic theory and instrumentation of:
- Atomic spectrometry (ICP OES, ICP-MS, GD, AAS, etc.);
- Molecular spectrometry (UV-Vis, NMR, Raman, IR, etc.);
- Organic and inorganic mass spectrometry (TIMS, MALDI, LC-MS, GC-MS);
- X-ray spectrometry (XRF, XRD, XANES, PIXE, etc.);
- Hyphenated techniques;
- Laser spectroscopy;
- Imaging techniques;
- Nuclear techniques (Mössbauer spectroscopy, Gamma spectroscopy, NAA);
- Methods of surface analysis and depth profiling;
Application of spectroscopy in:
- Material sciences (nano/micro, surface and interface analysis);
- Environmental and geochemical analysis;
- Archaeometry and cultural heritage;
- Biological applications;
- Food analysis;
- Clinical and pharmaceutical analysis;
- Speciation analysis/Metallomics;
- Mass spectrometry in post-genomics and proteomics;
- Miniaturisation and nanotechnology;
- Fuels and biofuels;
The program will consist of invited lectures, plenary lectures, oral presentations and poster sessions. See the list of invited speakers here.
Scientists, engineers and exhibitors are invited to join the conference and share not only work and results but also their valuable experience, contributing to the enrichment of the international community.
We will be happy to Welcome you all in Portugal!
The Organizing Committees